Beside The Sea is a wonderful seaside design, bursting with all manner of seaside imagery from puffin and dolphin through to a lighthouse and camper van, with colourful bunting and alphabet letters and numbers panels.
You can stitch Beside The Sea to decorate your own seaside retreat, or as a gift perhaps for a couple who enjoy seaside adventures and days away.
If stitching Beside The Sea for a baby or child, it’s worth noting that the design is in the same format as Farmyard Sampler, Noah and Dinosaurs. Measuring 10″ high x 8″, Beside The Sea is a medium sized design which stitches up nice and quickly.
Your completed tapestry can be framed as a picture or used as the centre of a cushion.
Each Beside The Sea tapestry kit comes in a red rope-handled bag with colour illustration and includes:
- Colour printed canvas (12hpi)
- Reference chart
- Additional alphabet and numbers chart, with instructions for planning the name panel. Note: We’ve included a ready planned ‘Beside The Sea’ chart (lettering as shown in our framed picture) in the kit so if you want to stitch those words onto your design it’ll be super easy.
- Generous supply of Anchor tapestry wool
- John James tapestry needle
- Stitch instructions for half cross and tent stitch
Choosing a Tapestry Frame
A tapestry frame is not essential, but will help to prevent your canvas from going out of shape. A frame also makes it easy to resume stitching the next day or after a break. We stock a tried and tested range of British made no-sew tapestry clip frames which are quick to assemble. As the canvas is attached by easy clips, you can easily switch projects if necessary. If going on holiday, just take off the side bars and roll up your canvas – hey presto, ready to travel.
For Beside The Sea, Dinosaur, Farmyard and Noah Sampler tapestry kits, we recommend a CF189 tapestry frame, as a smaller CF129 will be a bit of a squeeze. Choose a larger frame with code ending in ‘9’ if you are likely to stitch cushion sized designs in the future.
Printed canvas area: 10″ x 8″ (25cm x 20cm)