Alphabet Owls is a wonderful tapestry, with a moonlit scene of nine owls in an oak tree, and a friendly squirrel below. A starry sky completes the cosy picture. Alphabet Owls has a colourful alphabet and numbers border, with plenty of space to personalise by stitching a name and date of birth – or a house name, or message for an adult who likes or collects owls.
Each Alphabet Owls tapestry kit comes in a red rope-handled bag with colour illustration and includes:
- Colour printed canvas (10hpi)
- Reference chart with additional alphabet and numbers chart (with instructions for planning)
- Generous supply of Anchor tapestry wool
- John James tapestry needle
- Stitch instructions for half cross and tent stitch
Choosing a Tapestry Frame
A tapestry frame is not essential, but does help to prevent your work going out of shape and makes it easy to resume stitching the next day or after a break. We stock a good range of British made no-sew tapestry clip frames which only take a few minutes to assemble. As the canvas is attached by easy clips, the frames allow you to switch between projects if necessary.
For Alphabet Owls, we recommend either a CF249 or a CF2412 frame.
Printed Canvas size: 14″ x 17″ (36cm x 43cm)